[meteorite-list] AD: Special - Fabulous & New Diogenite - NWA 6024 prov.

From: Chladnis Heirs <news_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:48:00 +0100

Dear collectors,

Today we have the pleasure to present you an ? in our eyes - simply
wonderful stone:

NWA 6024 - a new diogenite.

We all are aware of the Vesta-debris-breccias,
where the bow is drawn from the polymict eucrites with their often typically
light-grey matrix - over the howardites - to the polymict diogenites.
And at the diogenitic end we arrived with NWA 6024.
And to what an end we came!

NWA 6024 is by all means unusual, as it contains these large smashed
blackish pyroxene crystals,
giving it an extraordinary appearance.

This diogenite is looking so characteristically, that we are not aware of
any other similar NWA at present ? so that we strongly presume that it is
probably unpaired and a really new one.

Never before it was so easy for us to advertise a diogenite. ?
Just watch the pictures and you?ll know why!

Here the data:

NWA 6024 prov.
Morocco 2009
Tkw? 65g
Diogenite
Shock stage: moderate, Weathering grade: low

Unfortunately it had a low weight.
Fullslices we priced at 45$ a gram,
40$ a gram for the endcut with patches of remaining fusion crust.

And here you are:

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/special-nwa6024.html

Enjoy!

Stefan Ralew & Martin Altmann

Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com