[meteorite-list] Microscope search

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 17:33:51 EST

Hi Paul, I love to talk about microscopes. In fact I just bought an
other one today.

In May of 2008 I did a little write up for Meteorite Times titled "The
right microscope for you" It does not go into which brand is better than
others or the like but rather, what type of microscope should you be looking
for.

It sounds like you will be best served by a stereo scope and you are in
luck. Those are plentifully on eBay in all price ranges and as a result of
the frequent examples ending every day, I see some killer deals.

Check out my article. It has micrographs using different type of scopes
so you can se what you would like to accomplish.

http://www.meteorite-times.com/Back_Links/2008/may/index.htm

This link should take you right to the article.

Tom

In a message dated 2/19/2010 3:20:50 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,