[meteorite-list] Your top meteor sightings!

From: Dave Myers <whitefalcons007_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:33:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi list,

I have never been lucky enough to see a bolide, or fire-ball.

But I have in my life seen 3 that were bright green, 2 That made a loud hissing or swishing noise. But this past november, I seen a very
Bright white one start directly over head and head south east, as the bright light burnt out, for a few tenths of a second, the object just glowed bright red, went dim, and glowed about half as bright again, no tail.

I would think this object made it through the lowest levels of the atmosphere. Anyone ever had an encounter like that!

Thanks
Dave