[meteorite-list] Radiation

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 19:47:33 +0100

Hi Ryan,

yes. But you need very sensible detectors (and often a loooot of time) to
measure the radiation of meteoritic samples..

My standard reply to laymen - who very often ask that question (remember
also all these newspaper articles after a possible new fall, where police
ect. comes with Geiger counters....),

My answer then is: Don't worry, each stone in your garden has a higher
natural radiation than any meteorite.

...of course as far as esoterical radiation is concerned, there I have no
experiences (and don't want to have any).

Best!
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----