[meteorite-list] Christian Anger

From: Dark Matter <freequarks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:17:59 -0700

Christian was giant in our midst. I am honored to have spent time
talking with him over the years. Although I never met him in person,
our meteorite paths crossed so many times that I would routinely
consult him about historic specimens and the excitement of the hunt.

Here is a link to an Accretion Desk article where Christian and I
shared some of that excitement.

http://www.meteorite-times.com/Back_Links/2006/July/Accretion_Desk.htm

When the Meteorite Times published a new issue, like clockwork I would
get an email from Christian comparing notes about the specimen I
highlighted. Here is his last email to me sent three days before his
death:

December 11, 2009

Hello Martin,

Truly, a super meteorite. I love it too.

Attached is a pic of my collection specimen 9.754 grams.

Best regards,

Christian

Ing. Christian Anger
Neustiftgasse 37
A-2405 Bad Deutsch Altenburg
AUSTRIA

You were a true gentleman and scholar of our sport. I will miss you.

Good-bye Christian.

Most sincerely,

Martin Horejsi