[meteorite-list] "Meteorite Men" on Discovery Tonight, New Website, News, Tucson, etc.

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:51:45 -0700

Dear Listees:

Greetings all. Steve and I are delighted to announce that Discovery
Channel will be showing a special edition of the "Meteorite Men"
pilot, tonight only at 10 pm Eastern, with a repeat at 1 am. Times
vary in local markets, so please check your cable listings. I know
many of you do not get Science Channel -- time to upgrade your cable
package! : ) -- so this is a chance to catch the pilot on one of the
world's top networks. It is a special edition that will feature a
short preview of the new series which premieres this coming Wednesday.

Show time details:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=1.14361.126184.36729.1

Having our parent network air the show is a big deal for us, so please
tune in if you can. For our friends overseas, I am sorry to say we
still only have US broadcast dates. We will go international at some
point.

In other news, Science Channel unveiled their new "Meteorite Men"
website on Thursday. Our compliments to Science and Discovery's
extremely talented design and photography team:

http://science.discovery.com

-- and --

http://science.discovery.com/tv/meteorite-men

The new site includes an episode guide, illustrated location guide,
show times, loads of video clips, the new promo trailers, an on-
location photo gallery and even an "Asteroid, Comet or Meteor?" quiz,
so you can all have fun with that : )

And for those of you who have been wondering where we actually went
for the six new episodes, you can now find out all about it.

In other news: Steve and I just returned from Pasadena, CA where --
along with Science Channel President Debbie Myers and "Meteorite Men"
Executive Producer Eric Schotz -- we presented the new series to a
panel of over 100 international journalists and television critics. It
was a pretty exciting day and I invite you to take a look at some
event photos, courtesy of Getty Images:

http://topics.npr.org/photo/0fuI4Mmf0y0eK

Steve and I also attended Discovery Channel's 25th Anniversary party
and had the opportunity to meet many of our network colleagues. It was
also the only party I've ever been to that had live baby giraffes as
guests, courtesy of Animal Planet. Discovery really knows how to throw
a party!

Both the Tucson show and the series premiere are just around the
corner. I am very pleased to say that we have arranged evening
screening parties for the "Meteorite Men" new episode premieres on
January 27, February 3, and February 10. We will be holding the
parties at a very cool downtown venue, close the gem show hotels.
Admission is free, all are welcome, and good food and drinks are
available for purchase. And wait 'til you see the giant widescreen TV!
Steve and I will be present at all three screenings, and we
particularly encourage first-time visitors to the gem show to join us.
We look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

I'll post exact details closer to the gem show.

And you can learn more at:

http://www.facebook.com/meteoritemen

-- and --

http://twitter.com/meteoritemen

Thanks for reading and all the best from Tucson!

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
http://science.discovery.com/tv/meteorite-men/
www.meteoritemen.com