[meteorite-list] Some meteorite words

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:34:06 -0800 (PST)

Venturing off topic here and to a touch subject with many I am sure, but I would like to add a thought...

My aunt was almost raped several years ago by a known rapist who broke into her house... the only thing that prevented it was the fact she was able to get to my uncles handgun and defend herself. Try to tell her firearms are bad, it probably saved her life, without a doubt, it saved her from severe mental and physical harm.

In a world where there is restrictive gun laws and everyday citizens are not allowed to keep firearms, only the law breakers will have them.
Does a world full of gun carrying criminals scare you more then law abiding people PROPERLY traind in safe gun handling?

Have you ever heard of 2 people getting into a fight and one of them go to a car and get a gun? Have you ever seen 2 guns get into a fight and one of them go to get a person?

Guns dont kill, people do. People get stabbed to death all the time, should butter knives be illegal? What about baseball bats?

A firearm is a tool just the same as a hammer, an axe or any other object.
What makes it "bad" is the person who holds it.

Just my opinions.

Hope everyone is doing well, have fun in Tucson, wish I could have made it this year!

Greg C.