[meteorite-list] Updated Lorton trajectory

From: John Hendry <pict_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:36:18 +0200

I believe Google Earth likes (latitude,longitude). The data below has this
order transposed - try switching them around.

Regards,
John

Message: 12
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:25:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Shawn Alan <photophlow at yahoo.com>
Subject: [meteorite-list] Updated Lorton trajectory
To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com

Rob and Listers,

When I put these coordinates in from the new estimated impact predictions
for the Lortan?meteorite?in google maps, the new impact sites are
in?Antarctica. Am I doing something wrong or is there a number off in the
coordinates that's giving me a wrong location?

Shawn Alan

Mass Longitude Latitude Distance Bearing
3 g -77.1383 38.7130 4.05 77.9
10 g -77.1635 38.7104 2.68 75.5
30 g -77.1804 38.7077 1.75 74.0
100 g -77.1976 38.7043 0.80 71.8