[meteorite-list] Gebel Kamil iron is official now - 1.6 metric tons!?!?

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:19:45 -0400

Jason,
You may be right that there should be more iron to be found But, what if much of it has already been removed by an ancient culture.
Attached here is an example of a "Scarface figure" from the Oxus Culture that has meteoric iron and is of a somewhat dubious origin? The so-called scales on this figure even vaguely resemble the unusual surface texture of this unusual meteorite. see attached;

http://www.louvre.fr/llv/oeuvres/detail_notice.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673225274&CURRENT_LLV_NOTICE%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673225274&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=9852723696500803&baseIndex=47&bmLocale=en

Carl
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax