[meteorite-list] A Twisted Meteor Trail Over Tenerife: camera bump

From: Elizabeth Warner <warnerem_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 18:09:09 -0400

As someone who has taken lots of astrophotos, mostly using a tripod and
having several hundred pictures ruined because of bumping the tripod or
camera shake from the mirror flapping up, those squiggles are not from
either of those.

If the camera had shaken, the buildings and everything else would also
exhibit that and they don't. The stars are slightly trailed (because he
is not tracking on the stars!! That's why they appear as dashes) as well
as having some coma (the orientation of which changes in different parts
of the picture as that should).

Camera shake will affect everything in the image and I'm just not seeing
those signs that would scream "camera shake!"

Clear Skies!
Elizabeth