[meteorite-list] Biggest Meteorites by Type

From: Melanie Matthews <miss_meteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 11:33:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hey listers.
This made me think of something.. Is the TKW of ordinary chondrites that has been recovered so far, still less than that of irons? (someone could give an estimate?) With such massive amounts of iron meteorites that are known - I'm reconsidering my stance on the notion that irons are "rarer" than ordinary chondrites?

Melanie
IMCA: 2975
eBay: metmel2775
Known on SkyRock Cafe as SpaceCollector09

Unclassified meteorites are like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!