[meteorite-list] Book advice

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:29:04 +0200

Hi Henry,

I made the best experiences with Norton, in giving it to people, who wanted
to understand, what I'm doing.

Has the most photos, is very easy to read,
And best is, that one can read not only the chapters independently, but also
the "subchapters".

One hasn't to forget, that "meteoritical laymen" aren't necessarily that
interested in meteorites as we are, and would easily get bored, if a book is
too hard to read and detailed for them.

In that regard, and also structurally and pedagogically the Norton is my
favourite.
And also for a not yet so advanced collector, it's in my eyes the better
first access, than to start immediately with Norton's encyclopedia (which
btw. seems to be sold out almost everywhere and got horribly expensive now!)

Best!
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----