[meteorite-list] real jobs

From: Mike Miller <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:37:50 -0700

Ok I traded for one (I think it was about 100 pounds) that in my
opinion was actually a Campo it was presented to me as a Toluca. The
deal was reversed in the end so my merchandise was returned to me at
the cost of not being able to ever do business with "the meteorite
store" ever ever again. Their position at the time was that no one
could really know for sure which iron was which so theirs was what
they said it was, and no one could really be sure other wise. Again I
will admit that in the past I had purchased and traded meteorites from
this same place that were authentic, I even sold actually Canyon
Diablo meteorites to the same people.

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oops, maybe that came out wrong!
>
> I meant to say your assumption of what happened was exactly right. Not
> that I am so well versed in meteoritics - that assumption was a little
> much. Hope that makes sense...
>
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the nice compliment - ?but you give me more credit than I deserve.
>>
>> However, ?you have it exactly right. ? I just clarified by saying I
>> didn't buy - therefore I can't technically say he sold mislabels
>> Campo's.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Galactic Stone & Ironworks
>> <meteoritemike at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Ruben,
>>>
>>> I misunderstood. ?When you said that you and Mike tried to buy their
>>> Diablos and they turned out to be Campos (and their Tolucas also), I
>>> just assumed that they tried to hoodwink you - which would be futile
>>> since you have forgotten more about meteorites than many people will
>>> ever learn. ?I pictured some person presenting a Campo with a Diablo
>>> label on it.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> MikeG

Mike Miller 3835 E Nicole Ave Kingman Az 86409
www.meteoritefinder.com
     928-757-1378