[meteorite-list] Blood Auction NIGHTMARE

From: Peter Marmet <p.marmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 16:49:31 +0100

Hi All,

a few years ago I won one of the biggest pieces on the market of the
historic Shalka (India) meteorite at a Blood Auction.
M. Blood managed to press this friable piece in a 1x1x1 cm box, so
when it arrived here, it was broken in 5 small pieces!

This year I was also an absentee bidder. M. Blood told me that he will
inform me right after the auction.
Nothing happened for several days. I sent an e-mail, but no answer.
More than one week after the auction he wrote me that I have won 2
small (less than 2 g) items. I immediately paid the $325.00 plus