[meteorite-list] Blood Auction NIGHTMARE

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 19:41:58 -0800

Hi Peter,
        Sorry too hear of your problems.
        The reason shipping was $20 is that is the cost
of Registered Mail to Switzerland.
        However, the good news is I insured the package.
I can provide you with the photo as sold and you can
photograph it as received, proving it was broken en rout.
You can make a claim with the US Post Office and should
get a full refund, though they are not noted for their speed.
        In 20 years I have never had a private customer
Complain of a broken piece. However, I have had
Nothing but problems with absentee bids of auction
Items, so, will likely not be handling absentee bids
the same way in the future & will completely restructure
Just exactly how one can bid as an absentee bidder
Through a friend that will be present and bid for them
And take custody at the close of the auction, while I
Accept delayed payment. This would also address questions
That have been asked about how absentee bids are
Placed during the auction, as the bidder will have their
Own representative holding up their card.
        Your package has the registration number and if
you tell me which lot (or, if both) was/were damaged,
I will get you the JPGs right away.
        In the future I would prefer to conduct business
Directly rather than through list postings.
        Please respond off list.
        Thanks, Michael