[meteorite-list] Odd Stone - Update (and another similar oddball)

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 20:16:04 -0500

Hi Eric and List,

Your stone reminds me of one that I have had for a while. It exhibits
very weak attraction to a magnet, and it looked like a weathered OC on
the outside with typical windpolished desert varnish and lack of
crust.

When I windowed it, I say a mottled grey matrix with no visible
chondrules. There are dark grey areas set in a lighter grey matrix.
There is some visible oxidation on the cut face where there is
presumably some metal, although I can't see it easily. This pieces
weighs 14 grams.

I am guessing it might be some kind of L6 or LL6, although it would
be great if it was an achondrite.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/odd-2.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/odd-3.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/odd-1.jpg