[meteorite-list] It is a sad day.....

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 21:09:47 -0800 (PST)

Ruben and Listers,
Its not that sad of a day. I did some?researching on the website Ruben provided and this is what the??U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT of Oregon?state?states about?rock collection on public land....
?
How can I collect rocks?

Rock hounds are permitted to collect rocks found on the surface of the ground and may use hand shovels and picks in digging, but must not use explosives or power equipment for excavation.
?
Technical a meteorite is a?rock. So there we go, we can go rock collecting in Oregon and look for new rocks (meteorites). Lastly Listers,?do you think with the recent meteorite falls and TV shows about meteorites on?how much meteorites?might?be worth could have?put these new regulations in to motion, or has this been something that has been taking place over the coures of a few years??

?

Shawn Alan
?

?