[meteorite-list] it is a sad day

From: MIke Antonelli <mfrancis66_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 17:01:38 -0800 (PST)

Dan, I'm sure the guys had proper permission and so forth for their S.AZ hunt, and really I am not THAT familiar with the state of Arizona as far as the laws are concerned, and I wouldnt want to speculate either way on that. Also, I would like to make clear that I'm not attacking Geoff or Steve, or the show in any way, I watch and appreciate the show, and was just somewhat shocked at this mans reaction. I actually expected the opposite when he first mentioned the tv show. I'm sure (and surely hoping) that this experience was just a fluke. I mean, not all people view things the same, and that is certainly acceptable....It just kind of pissed me off after staring at that hill for the last 5 years or so, and my approach to the landowner(s) had finally failed after six years of hunting over 100 farms, and never being turned away. I really dont know how I feel about it. I suppose that sooner or later, someone was gonna tell me to get lost, but I never
 expected it to go down like that.