[meteorite-list] Mea culpa

From: Rob Matson <mojave_meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 23:07:47 -0800

Hi All,

I'd like to apologize to the list and Carl for emotionally
lashing out at him over his Lorton fall comment earlier
today. That Carl touched a nerve with me is no excuse to
violate list rules and be disrespectful in response.

It did not occur to me that Carl might have brought up
Lorton for reasons other than simply being spiteful. If
he was unaware of my considerable work on this fall, he
would have no expectation that his remark might be taken
personally. My subsequent private correspondence with him
has indeed confirmed this to be the case, and so I can
certainly understand his being quite taken aback by the
uncharacteristic crudeness of my reply. For that, again,
I am truly sorry.

We're on the same page now, and I wanted to assure Carl
that I harbor no ill-will toward him. It was a simple
misunderstanding.

Cheers,
Rob