[meteorite-list] Meteors, by C. P. Oliver an original copy pubished in 1925

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 02:04:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mike and List
?
Clearly I find it funny that your saying your book is the real deal and the one posted?on the link isn't from him. Now why do you think yours is the real deal? You never explained where you got the book with his signature, now did you. Now I find this to be funny. You state that
?
"Hopefully you will agree that these were not done by the same person.
To my eye it looks like yours was done by a female as the letters have
such large loops."? you also go on to say ......
?
"It in no way makes them an expert in recognizing his signature. I
really takes a side by side comparison to do this."
?
O really. so?when did you become a hand writing analysis expert? You said yourself the the image on the website I posted on the List?was done by a female. How do you know that it was written by a female? Also you even said yourself
?
"Obviously you believe that by being related to someone you could
recognize their signature expertly. I do not agree with you. I would
have to have my a known copy of my wife's signature to compare it to
another to be certain it is hers."
?
Again Mike, here you go into saying that?you wouldn't be able to tell by your wife's signature unless you had copies to compare?it?to. So how does it give you a right to say that?the signing was done by a female on the link I provided to the list???
?
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/11388383_xtf3A#800281414_E7khp
?
But I think your over looking something that I have stated. I have been communicating with the individual that posted the book and he emailed me back and said .....
?
?
Hi Shawn:
?
???? Dr. LaPaz often wrote his name in a book as soon
as he received it.? That is his writing "LaPaz") on the inside
front?cover of Meteors.? All notations in the book (I think they
are all in red ink) are his.
?
Ok, the key words is Dr LaPaz?wrote his name in his books. Now do you get what I said about....

"Lastly, another thing to remember, signing your name in a book and
doing a signature for some fan can hold different signatures?" and you say ....
?
"Sorry don't really understand your point here so I cannot comment on it."
?
So lets say I buy a book and?I sign my name in it. Now I wouldnt do a signature in the book because signatures are hard to read, I would SIGN my name in the book instead. Now if I was going to do?a signature on a document, I would use my signature, or signature to sign someones book. I think you have have done this before, signing someting with your name on it. Now I have something for you to look at and Listers
?
?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48262799 at N03/4422192244/
?
Ok now what I did is?I took your signature which is the bottom and took the signing of his name from the website and superimposed them and scaled down the size. Now its kinda odd to me when you look at them superimposed some simularites?show up.?The size and points were where the the letter meet match up. Look at the?L and the P they both have a simulare shapes. But this is?the ticker, look at the?P in the?left corner and see the little hook that ends at the?P and now look at the hook that ends on your P what do?I see a hook but its tighter. I would find this?very odd that a women that you stated wrote in the book would have very simular writing patterns as Dr LaPaz signature. What I am concluding and had concluded before I saw your one signature is that maybe :)??another thing to remember, signing your name in a book and doing a signature for some fan can hold different signatures?"
?
Now with this said I would find this book rare in a since that he signed his name in the book and everyone else including you have multipal signatures by Dr LaPaz. Now what would be more unquie,?a book he personal owned and signed, which has mathmatical notations he wrote, and where the book came from his estate, or a book he signed with his signature for a fan?
?
Thank you
Shawn Alan
?