[meteorite-list] 5 reasons to record meteorite coordinates

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:49:19 -0800 (PST)

Dear List Members,

Jason Wrote;

"But we would find them eventually if we kept looking, and we would
probably find more if we decided to hunt the areas thoroughly. But we
do not know where NWA 5000, 482, 011, etc were found, so we cannot
look for more."

My statement is we do know where NWA 5000 was found. A tens of square kilometer area was searched for months right after it was discovered. They also know where NWA 011 was found. One just needs to look at the pairings for NWA 011 to see this.

Best Regards,

Adam