[meteorite-list] A Simple Question

From: R N Hartman <rhartman04_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 01:26:16 -0800

<<their claim was for specific minerals, of which a meteorite isn't
included>>

There were four claims registered and they were named after four planets,
Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and Venus. A map that I saw showed the center of the
claims located at the center of the crater. The plan was always to mine
for iron, the iron being the meteorite, and this was understood at the time
the claims were granted.
A limited amount of iron and oxidite (the so-called iron shale) was found
inside the crater, including some subsurface pieces brought up from
drilling, but apparently nothing substantial.

Ron Hartman