[meteorite-list] Ad Ebay sellers must see

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:47:51 -0700

The only reason Ebay ever bought a 25% share of the company (seat on the
board) was because they wanted an edge. "Keep your enemies closer.".

I hope Craigslist rips them a new one! Ooh, can I say that on here? ;)
Ebay is a greedy pig of a company, and it's OBVIOUS to anyone with half
a brain that their buying of 25% share of Craigslist was just a ploy to
try to gain control over Craigslist by getting inside their biggest
competition. Then when that didn't work they created their own competing
free classifieds site. Now they sue Craigslist for doing what any
"smart" business would do. I hope Craigslist whoops Ebay's collective
asses! Legally of course. Too bad they can't counter sue Ebay for being
greedy bastards.

Craigslist is the single largest threat to Ebay because you can't fight
freedom. Even Craigslist has to make money though, they do it by
charging for Job & Real Estate listings. Pretty good business model if
you ask me. They don't allow national advertising though, which in my
mind is limiting to those who own home based businesses who would like
to expand and grow their "Mom & Pop" business into something larger,
which in a way drives these same home businesses to look toward Ebay for
national advertising. Frankly in my opinion Ebay is stupid for not
seeing that. If they could have worked it out with Craigslist instead of
trying to bulldoze them, I think they could have made a great team. But
alas, they have competing philosophies. Craigslist is all about freedom,
and Ebay is about profit. I know somewhere there's a happy middle ground
where both could have prospered, but not now.

You go Craigslist! ;)

Regards,
Eric