[meteorite-list] Keeping a meteorite database

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:14:52 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings list,

I remember several years ago that one of the list members (I think) had a meteorite database available on CD. It was simply a matter of downloading to your computer and it formed the framework for keeping all pertinent info on your collection, including a place for photos.

Is there something like this still available? If not I would like to ask that those that do catalogue their collections please give me some ideas on what programs you are using. I really have no idea of where to start. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. And if there are any computer geeks on the list, a CD like the one I mentioned would probably sell quite well here on the list.

thanx,
Steve

Steve Witt
IMCA #9020