[meteorite-list] Keeping a meteorite database

From: Elizabeth Warner <warnerem_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:05:00 -0400

Hi Steve & List,

I would also be interested if something already exists...

But making a database (using just Excel or other similar spreadsheet
program, I'm also okay using MS Access) wouldn't be hard, but what
fields should be included?

Since I'm also new to collecting, I wouldn't know off the top of my head
what notes to make sure I record with my acquisitions...

I've noticed that generic info about a meteorite is usually included in
the eBay descriptions and that's easy enough to copy, but what things
about my specific specimen should I take note of??

Also, any advice on how best to display them? (one came with an acrylic
easel...)

(11 meteorites with 2 on the way)

Clear Skies!
Elizabeth