[meteorite-list] Meteorite-like rock strikes near Rist Canyon home

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

I like how the woman commented that maybe if they pick it up, there might be a million under there. If it were to be a blueberry sandwhich from Mars, then maybe she would be correct.

Speaking of million dollar meteorites, I have some fellow from Nevada insisting on mailing me one that he found last month. I told him not to bother but he sent it anyway after getting my address from buying a piece from me on eBay. It looks just like the black one he saw on TV but much, much bigger therefor more valuable.

He figures, it is worth at least four million judging from the size but will let me have it for a mere two million if I do not return it within two weeks. I will take pictures of it when it arrives and immediately send it back registered mail. This fellow believes it is a gift from the heavens that will pay his granddaughter's medical bills. I have told him repeatedly not to get his hopes up and take it to a university for study. The last thing I want is people sending me unsolicited pieces after getting my address from an eBay transaction. I actually feel sorry for this poor fellow.

Best Regards,

Adam