[meteorite-list] Meteorites Hunting in NW NV.

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:29:32 -0700 (PDT)

Yep, there are parts of Nevada that I believe have never been explored, at least
by modern man. It is nice to drive 100 miles down dirt trails and not see a
single sign of recent human inhabitants. No trash, no fences, no noise
pollution, no light pollution and no cell phone connections. You can actually
see the Milky Way, something I have not witnessed on a regular basis since I was
a kid.

I remember four wheeling it with some friends last Spring who pointed out wild
life running in herds. I realized that it could easily pass for a safari in
Africa but here we were in Nevada. This state has barely been touched as far as
meteorite hunters go and I would like to see it remain open to meteorite hunters
for generations to come. It would be a shame if a few lazy gold hunters leaving
gaping holes behind make it off limits for other purposes or too much talk of
monetary value starts an unwanted amateur meteorite hunting rush out here. If
you see one of these idiots, remind them to fill their holes and pick up their
trash. I think if we all respect the landowners and their land that this area
will be open to meteorite hunters for at a least a couple of more years.

Happy Hunting,

Adam