[meteorite-list] Shirokovsky

From: Marcin Cimala <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 03:02:43 +0200

I guess collecting artifacts has made me leery about fakes. Get caught with
one fake artifact and it will put your entire collection in question. It is
best to get artifacts papered and destroy any that have been "killed" by an
independent authenticator. I see Shirokovsky as being off topic since it is
not a meteorite and is was only produced in order to defraud honest
collectors out of their hard earned money.

If you want a piece of a recycled old Ford motor block in your collection,
that is your business. To me, it is garbage and so are the people who
produced it!
Adam

=====
Adam, from two choices, I whould like to have Shiro + Putorano slices in my
collection, than moskito killed? by meteorite or a big piece of someones
roof with a tiny micromount of his hammer stone. Ofcourse its my choice.
Anyway, if someone can change his car engine into a piece of iron with
Thompson structures after etching I will be interested in a slice too :))))

If someone questioning Your collection becouse You have some known
meteor-wrongs or meteorite catsts then he must be ignorant who thinks he
know more about collection than this collector. But at the end (I think) we
collecting for Yourself, so other persons opinions are not most importand
for us. (*).

Its my hobby, and I know best what I have in my boxes

(*) in the case if questioning person know not much about meteorites.

http://www.Meteoryty.pl marcin(at)meteoryty.pl
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin(at)polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM: +48 (793) 567667

.