[meteorite-list] Cat Mountain on EBay

From: Greg Stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 21:07:39 -0700

I would think each would be called Cat Mountain, if they are all classified the same as the first one and were found in the same area, suggesting a strewn field. There are no Franconia 002 or Gold Basin 002. I guess the 'name' of a meteorite is one of a single stone or the strewn field.

My few grams worth.

Congratulations to all the finders of the new stones and to Count on getting the classification done. I also look forward to Rubin's article.

Greg S

Sent from my iPhone