[meteorite-list] Cat Mountain on EBay

From: Michael Mulgrew <mikestang_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 14:25:50 -0700

Doug,

I asked Bob Verish about this a few months ago.? The MetBul does not
show number designations, it recognizes two stones that make up the
TKW for the Los Angeles meteorite.? The 001 and 002 designations were
internal to Mr. Verish for his own record keeping, but I believe he
said (and I hope he'll chime in and correct me if I am mistaken) he
used them publically a few times and without realizing it the number
designation spread.

-Michael in so. Cal.