[meteorite-list] LOSS OF METEORITE BY UPS

From: Leoncio Cividanes Álvarez <supeindesu_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:53:46 +0100

I hereby proclame myself to be part of the most ridiculous story ever happened related to UPS.

I ordered about 2 years ago "a single guitar pick" (yes... just one, it was for a joke to a friend relating to a movie), and when I received the package it was a really heavy box about 1m^2. So... wondering if it was me the one wrong, and I was expecting something else I couldn't remember in that moment, I decided to open the box and what was my surprise to find the whole pack of building instructions for a "electricity power station" without references to the real receiver nor the sender. Called UPS and they told they knew nothing about the issue (period), so I had to spent 2 days investigating between the tons of paper inside the box to find where it was going to be built (that's another part of the story). I have to find the pictures I took of the box.

BTW, the pick was in a tiny envelope stuck on the side of the huge box.

Ed, that beats our problem with the $50, hahaha.

Best regards,
Leo