[meteorite-list] LOSS OF METEORITE BY UPS

From: Don Merchant <dmerchan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 23:04:54 -0500

Don't give up hope. Several months ago I purchased a meteorite hunting book
from a seller on eBay. (I know your situation is a bit different monetary
wise, but both items have a common in that they still need to be delivered)
This was shipped media mail and was told delivery to be about 10 days or so.
4 weeks later I inquired to the post office on this and gave them the number
the seller gave me. The Seller did ship the book the next day of the auction
as he said, and the package was last at a Pennsylvania USPS Office, mind you
the package was sent from Indiana going to New York State. Make a long story
short, the USPS could not track it any further then to Pennsylvania and I
was told to sit tight as it was media mail, it supposed to be slow. So I
asked the clerk if it would of been faster if the Seller had shipped by
Amish Horse & Buggy Express Mail. She was not happy....nor was I. I
basically chalked it up to lost or stolen but leaned more toward lost. Low
and behold one day I looked in my mailbox and there was the book. After 56
days the book arrived! Intact and in good order. Some time these 1 day, 2
day deliveries screw up too, just like any delivery, plus the mad Xmas rush
does not help. Hopefully sooner then later this will be found Count. I'm
Counting on it!
Sincerely
Don Merchant