[meteorite-list] Ad: Lot 58 BV 2 - Johnstown (DIOGENITE)

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 05:43:19 -0800 (PST)

Ref: <http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/JohnstownBV7_26g.jpg>

Regarding Lot 58 BV 2 Johnstown (DIOGENITE)
in Michael Blood's Tucson 2011 Auction

I've been getting a lot of response about this little whole individual, primarily about provenance, and what with the auction going to occur in less than 2 days I want to update everyone with the information that I have researched. According to cataloged records at the UNM - Institute of Meteoritics, this specimen was most likely brought into their collection by Lincoln LaPaz before 1960. Information regarding the actual finder and location is not on record at the UNM-IOM, but went into the LaPaz estate when he retired as curator from the Institute.
This is probably all the info' on this specimen that I will find before the auction this Saturday night.

See ya' in Tucson,
Bob V.

Email absentee bids to Michael Blood at: mlblood at cox.net