[meteorite-list] Cleaning Sikhote Alin meteorites

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:58:29 -0500

Depending on the condition of the meteorites, you can put them into a
rock tumbler with plastic beads or deburring media. It's the same
stuff used to clean up castings and polish metal parts in a tumbler.
I imagine this same treatment would also remove light to moderate
surface oxidation on some irons. Instead of using water as a carrier,
one could use alcohol.

Best regards,

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com