[meteorite-list] A Survey for Collectors

From: Thunder Stone <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:49:50 -0800

Question #1 - Rarety, uniqness and aesthetics - in that order

Question #2 - I would say dealer websites are the starting point

Question #3 - I would say CV's, CO's and CK's, I see the most growth in CC's as there as the facination with them containing carbon and the possible like to life

Question #4 - I think some are extreamly overvalued - falls for one. Also, a whethered OC has little value at all... there is a very wide range.

Question #5 - I think the Lunars and Martian meteorites will retain their value the best, perhaps Angrite's value will increase if they are prooven to be from Mercury

Greg S.