[meteorite-list] Tucson Auction

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:28:57 -0800

Hi Martin,
        My recollection is that there was a jump bid (a bid higher than the
Asked for next increment required to bid) and I did accept it and went
Right to the next increment called for at that level.
        Perhaps there was a bid I missed? Or, perhaps you expected me
To then require the next bid to be an increment equal to the jump bid?
If the latter, I explained some auctions past that while people were
Always welcome to jump bid (usually a technique used to "shock and
Awe" potential competitors) there would not be a following requirement
Of equal degree, but would only be whatever the level increment indicates.
        If the former, and I really did somehow miss a jump bid, I apologize
To all concerned. It is not in the interest of anyone to do so.
        Sincerely, Michael

--
"Teachin' a pig to dance is a waste of time and it irritates the pig"
Mark Twain