[meteorite-list] Father Joseph Stepling and the Tabor Meteorite Fall

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 12:36:55 +0100

Good morning Mark,

quick online searches in the catalogues of the Charles University Prague,
Vatican Library, Bavarian States Library, Austrian National Library, Czech
National Library, British Library
delivered no results for that particular publication.

So I recommend, that you maybe contact Jan Munzar from the Inst. for
geonics, Brno,
who worked on Steplings observation of a wind storm in that period shortly
after the fall,
whether he perhaps knows, where to locate the Tabor monography.
Find his email-address here:
http://www.meteohistory.org/2004polling_preprints/docs/abstracts/munzar_abst
ract.pdf

Or you could ask Martin ?olc, professor for the History of Astronomy at the
Charles University,
because he investigated the exchange of letters between Stepling as the
director of the Prague observatory with Maximilian Hell, the first director
of the University observatory Vienna.
Martin.Solc at mff.cuni.cz

And finally you could ask also at that very University observatory Vienna,
cause Hell and Stepling were in close contact and it was a Jesuit
foundation,
whether they have it in the library of the observatory.
(I'm not sure, whether they are ready there with the electronic catalogue).
Here the email-address for contacting the library of the astronomy
department:
fbastro.ub at univie.ac.at

Success!
Martin