[meteorite-list] AD(?) - Sikhote-Alin in tree

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:23:56 EST

Hello,

Since Michael Blood mentionned Sikhote-Alins embedded in trees in his
latest "Market Trends" article, and warned everybody against them. And since I
have received a few questions about the one I aquired a few months ago, let me
try to set the record straight:

First, here are 2 pictures, the whole thing, and a close-up:

_http://www.impactika.com/images/satree.jpg_
(http://www.impactika.com/images/satree.jpg)

_http://www.impactika.com/images/satree2.jpg_
(http://www.impactika.com/images/satree2.jpg)

It is much bigger than any I have seen before, and the Sikhote-Alin is
truly inside the tree.
And a member who happens to be an hoticulturist looked at the pictures and
wrote: "Looks pretty real to me Anne! It probably impailed itself into the
tree and then the tree grew around it, which explains the "bark" around it".
(Thank you Craig!)
Also I counted the rings, not easy, but there are at least 45. And I trust
the Russian dealer I bought it from.
So, yes I believe that it is the real/authentic deal, not a scam.

And if you want to have a better look at it, it will be in my room in
Tucson (Hotel Tucson City Center, Formerly InnSuites, Room 322).
Speaking of Sikhote-Alin, you will also see there two Sikhote-Alins in "as
found" condition that I obtained from the Vernadsky Institute. Yes, with all
the paperwork!

See you all there very soon.

Anne M. Black
http://www.impactika.com/