[meteorite-list] Meteorites 101

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 20:59:03 -0500

Interesting...I did not know that.

So why is it then that folks on the met list only care about the boomers that happen 3-5 times a year and write off the minor events that seem to happen daily.

There seems to be a belief on the list that no boom = no meteorite. No bolide = no meteorite. You're saying this is not true?

Then what are the factors that determine meteorite and how can we properly ID the producers?

I also hope you arent talking about micro meteorites. Because statistically...

PS did you catch last nights green fireball on your sky cam? It was reported from CO, WY, NV and CA