[meteorite-list] A query - interest in an online radar class?

From: Marc Fries <fries_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:18:01 -0800

Howdy all

        I see a lot of interest in radar these days. I'm glad to see the interest, and I think there are more meteors out there than I can keep up with. That's got me thinking... If I were to give some sort of online class on how to interpret radar data, how many of y'all would be interested? We're talking about knowledge that has taken me many hours to accrue so I'd like to charge for the class, but I think that meteorite hunting should be within the reach of hobbyists so I'd keep it inexpensive. If I know how many people are interested I can make some plans and look into a suitable online platform, perhaps Skype or Webex.
        I'm thinking that it would take a couple of two-hour classes or thereabouts. I've got two important meetings to prepare for so I can't do this until around late February or March, if folks are interested. Please email me off-list and if there's sufficient interest then I'll start work on it.

Cheers,
Marc Fries