[meteorite-list] A query - interest in an online radar class?

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 16:02:38 -0500

Marc,

I think this is a great idea and I would be interested.

Something for you to ponder regarding the class....

Instead of doing a 'live' class via webex, you could do a pre-recorded class.

There are a lot of advantages to this. It may be a little more work up
front, but once you are done you can charge for the class 24/7 into
perpetuity and will have to do very little to no incremental work for
each additional class / student.

It could be a 'rich media' e-book of sorts... combined with video
files of lecture, text and images/screen shots. You could even have
sample data files (for the west fall or grimsby etc). and then include
'credits' for follow up email questions.

You would need to do the setup work up front and develop the product
(which you would need to do for a class anyway), then password protect
the directory its hosted in and sell one-time subscriptions to it and
bill via paypal.

I could help you out with any of the website stuff and/or video
editing if you had questions about it.

Just something to think about.

Mike