[meteorite-list] NASA sues Moonwalker Astronaut

From: Elizabeth Warner <warnerem_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 13:51:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011, Rich Jolly wrote:

I have not been following this thread in great detail, just skimming the
messages.

One thought comes to mind is that if he was trying to sell the item that
while he may have gotten it as a gift, it was maybe under the
understanding that he or his family would not sell it... ie, that the item
would convey back to NASA for disposal or to be put into a museum...

After all, in theory, all of that stuff belongs to the US citizens, so if
he no longer wants it, it should be returned or at least we should
get right of first refusal.

Again, without knowing all of the details it's hard to know exactly what
is happening. We do know how truthful/factual our media can be.

Clear Skies!
Elizabeth