[meteorite-list] OT - Happy Crab Nebula Day!

From: mafer at imagineopals.com <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 04:32:40 +0100

The Gregorian calendar represents a generalized conversion so that things
are easily kept in perspective between the sciences and the rest of the
world. And thus, the terms Current Era (CE) and Before Current Era (BCE)
have come into use and they do not represent Julian Calendar timelines.

You could also add the Egyptian, Mayan, and Hebrew calendars if you really
want to confuse the issue and there are those who seem to have obtained
post grad degrees with methods to reconcile the various calendars so that
all dates within each match up.

And since some predate the Julian Calendar, which hold the superior claim?
Which is the most easily used and more commonly used?

BTW the Crab Nebula is one of the most beautiful of formations and one that
many people have seen, even if they wouldn't recognize it.