[meteorite-list] google checkout declare themselves the meteorite police

From: Yinan Wang <veomega_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 12:46:16 -0500

Unfortunately google is still working on how to respond in global marketplaces.

At the moment they follow various laws and conventions of UNESCO and
probably the laws of a couple of countries, all at once.

So you have incidents where they suspend seller accounts anywhere if
they sell old stamps because of a 1970's UNESCO law:
http://www.bidstart.com/bidStart-Seller-s-Google-Checkout-Account-Suspended-by-Google-Bringing-Stamp-Sales-to-a-Sticky-Halt_QQtitleQQ246QQidQQdisplaynews

So if a country somewhere bans the sales or export of meteorites,
google may take this as a global view and apply the rules everywhere
to keep themselves legally safe.

They also don't have a call center or any numbers you can call to
complain. So at the moment there is not much that can be done about
such things. Find another checkout system?

-Yinan