[meteorite-list] google checkout declare themselves the meteorite police

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 14:18:36 -0400

Yinan wrote:

"They also don't have a call center or any numbers you can call to
complain. So at the moment there is not much that can be done about
such things. Find another checkout system?"

Hi Yinan - Egads, that was an excellent explanation which IMO sounds
like you "hit the nail on the head". For those who care, I hope someone
or some concerned group for the responsible exchange of meteorites out
there recognizes and is willing to pick this up. Running from it could
embolden others to follow suite due to the nature of meteorites. With
stamps it is arguably clearer than meteorites. Now, it's not a
hypothetical case- we have one concrete member of the community who's
been affected and like in the stamp case mentioned, it is not a healthy
situation to have all of the "eggs in one basket" via PayPal. If
PayPal, not noted for their logic always, gets any crazy or misguided
ideas ...

Kindest wishes
Doug