[meteorite-list] Is Vesta Mong Nong?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 23:52:53 -0400

Hi John and List,

John said - "So, are impact forces mitigated when an object is not in
a tightly bound
orbit confiscation and just gets "pushed" rather than crushed?"

That is something I had never considered. Is it possible that a body
like Vesta could "give" or "roll with the punch" and this might
mitigate the impact forces as John suggested?

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com