[meteorite-list] From Meteorites to Mammoths

From: Larry Atkins <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:56:20 -0400

Greast find Sonny!

You never know what you'll find when you go looking.

About 6 or 7 years ago I was working as an electrician on a big
industrial new build, and thinking I was being funny, asked the guy
that had the excavating contract if he had ever dug up a meteorite. He
said, "No, but I once dug up a Wooly Mammoth!" Turns out that he dug it
up in the town of Lake Orion, only about 10 miles from my house.

Too bad he didn't say that he did dig up a meteorite and then lead me
to a giant iron or something.

Happy Hunting,

Sincerely,
Larry Atkins