[meteorite-list] From Meteorites to Mammoths

From: U.S. Airborne <ontheroad_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:27:05 -0700

 Hi Larry
Funny story. I have one kinda like it.
 Before I left home in WA State for this Documentary film in the North
Atlantic Sea . I got a call from a
guy that read one of my Meteorite wanted posters . A older fella that builds
logging roads . He does a lot of heavy equipment work . He said he found a
big strange rock on one of his jobs a few years back. It was real rusty on
the out side & was sluffing off what looked like rusty stuff but the inside
looked like Iron. He said in all of his time 30 years of heavy equipment
digging he has never seen a rock like
it before. And that there are more at this same location. But he just kept
the one.
He said it was about 18 ft underground He loaded it with one of his tractors
into his truck & took it home. He said he would pay my gas to drive up &
look at it when I get home in Sept. Sounds like a good lead So I will go
have a look see when I get back.
Scott Johnson
U.S. AirBorne Sport Aviation LLC
Eagles Nest Airpark