[meteorite-list] AD: Invitation to RockFest 2011 / June 11&12 / Cartersville, Georgia

From: John Teague <volgems_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 17:25:40 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hey List Members!

Big news! A great show coming up at the Tellus Museum in beautiful Cartersville, Georgia. And our move is complete!

First, the show! If you have not visited the Tellus Museum, you are in for a wonderful treat! The museum is WORLD CLASS! It may be a bit smaller than some, but it is second to none in quality. The mineral and fossil collection has to be experienced to be believed! My favorite display is that of Georgia gold. I could go on and on but would surely leave something out. I encourage you to visit the museum website and look at the various galleries, http://www.tellusmuseum.org/index.htm ! The museum location is great. As we used to say in East Tennessee, you can throw a rock from I-75 and hit the museum (seriously, you can see the museum from the interstate and the exit)! The museum is about 30 miles north of Atlanta at Exit 293 on I-75. There will be dealers outside and, this year for the first time, inside the museum! We were lucky enough to secure an indoor space!

Next, our move! Our business has been located in Knoxville, Tennessee for over twenty years. A couple of months ago, I retired from my 'real' job of teaching chemistry (30 years at the same school!) and moved to Florida. The move is now complete! I will now have more time for the business and shows. Living on the beach is a 'bit' different from being in East Tennessee, to say the least!

We will be at Tellus/Rockfest, inside the museum, with a wide assortment of minerals, fossils, meteorites, Native American jewelry, and related gift items. We have something for every taste and price range! We are not hard to find. Look for the booth with the ORANGE table covers! We will be insider the museum with several other wonderful dealers. Stop by! Say, "Hi!" Introduce yourself as a member of the list. It is always nice to be able to put a face with a name! And if there is something we have that you just cannot live without, we would appreciate the business!

There are scheduled to be several great dealers, both inside and outside the museum, representing all phases of the rock, mineral, and jewelry hobby! More information can be found at the museum website, http://www.tellusmuseum.org/events/rockfest2011.html

Hours for the show are:

   Saturday, June 11 10 am to 5 pm
   Sunday, June 12 10 noon to 4 pm

If you have any other questions, send me an e-mail and maybe I can help!

Hope to see you there!

John Teague
Cookie Young
Volunteer Gems