[meteorite-list] MAG Meeting, July 10th, 2011 (Guest speaker: R. Scott Harris)

From: Sean T. Murray <stm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 23:15:52 -0400

Folks,

The Meteorite Association of Georgia will be holding it's next meeting on
July 10th (a Sunday) at the Tellus Museum in Cartersville, Georgia. Our
guest speaker will be R. Scott Harris. His presentation will be open to all
Tellus visitors, so please join us if you are in the area. (Non MAG members
are welcome to join us for our quarterly meeting at 1:30pm.)

Guest Speaker:
--------------------
R. Scott Harris, Planetary Geologist, Brown University

Time:
-------
July 10th, 2011
2:30 pm

Topic:
--------
South America is one of the great frontiers for the discovery of new impact
craters. Planetary geologist Scott Harris has spent the last decade studying
the scars of asteroid collisions with our planet from the Pampean plains of
Argentina to the Altiplano of Peru.
Scott will discuss the implications of this unique impact record, including
the 2007 Carancas event, for understanding the evolution of our solar system
and the current threat level to life on Earth.

Sean T. Murray, President
Meteorite Association of Georgia